Title of the course: Growth of Groups
Instructor: Dr. Dilber Koçak
Dates: 20-26 August 2018
Prerequisites: A course on group theory (or abstract algebra including group theory) is necessary.
Level: Graduate, advanced undergraduate
• Growth functions and growth series of groups (Preliminaries, general notions and history)
• Growth of nilpotent groups
• Growth of solvable groups
• Groups of polynomial growth (outline of Gromov’s Theorem)
• Groups of intermediate growth (Grigorchuk groups)
• Summary, final remarks and open problems.
Language: TR, EN